Meet Walo! Our PLAAY intern from the UAA Department of Kinesiology
- Where are you from: I am from King City, California. I moved to Alaska four years ago to run XC and track for UAA.
- What are you studying and when do you hope to graduate: I am getting my BA in Kinesiology and I plan to graduate at the end of the spring 2022 semester.
- Career goals: There are a lot of avenues I can take, but here are some that I have in mind: Athletic Director, Physical Education teacher, or Wellness Coordinator. I plan to go to graduate school for a MS in Health and Physical Education.
- Favorite physical activity to do: My favorite physical activities are playing soccer and running. Even though my competitive years are over, I still like to run. It has been a part of my life for quite some time.
- Favorite thing about living in Alaska: My favorite part about living in Alaska is the long summers. You can do so much more and it’s not as hot as California.
- Favorite book or quote: “To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift” – Prefontaine
Meet Seiji – Our graduate intern from the UAA Department of Public Health
- Where are you from: Anchorage, Alaska
- What are you studying and when do you hope to graduate: Master of Public Health, graduating spring 2022
- Career goals: Physical Therapist or Athletic Trainer
- Favorite physical activity to do: Skiing, both alpine and cross country
- Favorite thing about living in Alaska: Access to the great outdoors
- Favorite book or quote: The complete Calvin and Hobbs anthology